Sunday, June 28, 2009

Baking Day!

Ah yes, more domestics. You'd think that's all I do really, but it's a big part of most people's lives I think. Or *should* be probably.

Today, on the agenda is laundry, baking and cooking. I've got lots of apples right now from my CSA, and they are big, fat, green ones, so I'm going to make a pie. I've had a boxed pie crust in my fridge for a bit, so I think it's time to make use of it and the apples all in one shot. I found this apple pie recipe that I'm going to try. I'll be substituting splenda for sugar and hoping it turns out well. I like this one because it calls for tart apples, which I have, and also has some cider vinegar in it. I have a big bottle of some lovely organic apple cider vinegar that's been gathering dust in my pantry, so even though it's just a tablespoon, I get to use some of it, dammit!

Today is Greek day also, so I'll be making hummous, pita bread, spiced burger and tzatziki. Actually, the tzatziki should be done now. It's been marinating and merging in the fridge for the last day so it should be very tasty indeed. My cucumbers were super sweet and refreshing and not bitter at all, so I think it will be brilliant!

So off I go to bake and cook. I'll be cranking the AC downstairs today with the oven having to be on a lot. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog