Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Micromanagement

After getting very frustrated and annoyed at this post over on Fetlife, I decided a better place to vent my spleen was on my blog instead of on that particular thread.

Look, those of us who are into micromanagement, both Owners & Property, are into it because we find it satisfying on some level. The repetition of "I'm a big girl" "I can shit by myself" "I know what needs to be done" is insulting because it infers that those of us who like to be managed or controlled more tightly are incapable of wiping our own asses or sit about naked and in a pile of excrement picking our noses when not told what to do.

We're all adults and as fully capable of functioning and such as any other adult person. I'm not mentally stunted or a drooling idiot. What I am, is an adult with a fetish for control, and happily, so is Daddy.

If you're not into it, fine and dandy. Any kink or fetish can certainly be denigrated. The idea that this one in particular draws mental midgets or insecure assholes is particularly annoying.

I happen to LIKE that my guy is absolutely interested and involved in every part of my life. I don't NEED him to be, but it feels awfully cozy and lovely to know that he is. There's tons of dudes who couldn't give two shits what I did today, or that I made my first pie, or that I had a breakthrough on something or other at work that was frustrating me. I've lived that life and you know what? It's unsatisfying to me.

I'm as curious and interested as he is, and that's a new one for me. To have it reciprocated. He knows my life so intimately and is able to give great advice and useful instruction to keep me on task. We are both VERY busy, and I have a tendency to procrastinate, get distracted and even be a little lazy when I get overwhelmed. Sometimes there's so much to do that I just need to go take a nap.

He helps me sort, prioritize and get my head in the game so I can be productive and useful without spending extra time that I really can't afford. He makes sure I'm not up at all hours and get good restful sleep. I'm not great at that either. I've done the whole 3am bedtime thing and it makes me a zombie the next day.

We aren't perfect and don't expect to be anytime soon. We just try to to better each day. Some of the control measures have fallen by the wayside a bit, but he'll give me a nice leash yank when I need it and put them back into place for a time. The thing about micromanagement is that it can be time consuming for both of us, and the busier our work/personal lives are, the more we have to compromise on that. If it's useful then it remains. If it's not, then we move on to something different.

If it was static or just there "cuz" instead of having a purpose, I could see it building resentment at some point. Most things were put in place to keep me flowing through my day in a focused and productive manner, so that I could have more down time to actually relax.

When I stopped doing some of them, I wasn't told I failed, it was just assumed that some things had outlived their usefulness.

Ok, irritation is purged. :)

2 comments:

  1. Bravo for taking a stand! You would think there would be more acceptance of various interests within the community, but sadly not.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog