Friday, June 26, 2009

TGIF

Another very hot day at the shop. So hot. It's been in the 90's here recently, and very muggy. My business shares a building with the landlord, A. He's a good guy mostly, but we are both suffering pretty bad during the recession and have been trying to cut costs wherever possible. So there is no AC at the shop currently.

This morning it was around 65 outside, though we had a great deal of humidity so it felt a bit warmer. But the shop itself was probably 85 in the morning. We need more fans to try to get the cooler air indoors in the morning and then close the doors in the afternoon. Large amounts of money so we could turn on the AC would be ideal at this point.

I've been going into work very early (for me) this week and then leaving earlier as well to try to avoid the heat as much as possible. Shockingly, I've been pretty productive considering the sweating. The funny thing is I'll get all focused on a project and be working away, and I'm ok, but when I stop I'm kind of disoriented and dazed for a bit. I'm pretty sure I lose about 10 IQ points for every hours I'm in the building. At that rate, by the time I left today, I had an IQ of about 80. And I felt like it. It's like Flowers for Algernon up in there.

Did I mention it was hot?

So once I got home I really wanted to bake up my muffins. I have a tendency to procrastinate and I really wanted my muffins done and taken care of before the zucchini turned. They turned out beautifully and smell amazing. I worked on the cucumber & yogurt for tzatziki a bit (both needed to be drained) and later assembled it so it could work it's chemical goodness in the fridge. 3 dozen muffins later - 1 that suicided onto the floor. Sad :(

And now I'm feeling craptastic. Stupid uterus. It causes me all kinds of non-consentual, hard limit, sweat and fever inducing pain. Where's my safeword mother nature??! Would anyone care to purchase it? All you need to do is pay for it's removal and you can haz it 4 free. I've never grown a baby in it, and according to the little ancient Asian doctor who once gave me a pelvic exam, it's "ripe". So cmon.. come and pick mah damn fruit already.

Heading to bed and hoping I feel better. I have two consultations to do tomorrow and hopefully can get a decent amount accomplished. They are having a car show tomorrow and closing off our street for it, so likely I'll be plagued by peckins asking "Do people really buy this stuff?"

My god I'm grumpy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog